Rauf Khalilov LLB (Hons), LLM, BVC
Position: Branch Manager and Solicitor Advocate
Tel: 020 7249 1337
Mob: 07932 999608
Fax: 020 7249 1338
Rauf Khalilov is Branch Manager of Mergul Law and a solicitor advocate. Rauf was called to the Bar in 2008, having won the prestigious Harmsworth Scholarship from Middle Temple. In January 2011, he qualified as a solicitor and, since June 2011, he has been a solicitor advocate. Before joining Mergul Law, Rauf headed the Civil Litigation Department at Arlington Crown Solicitors, which he founded in September 2011. There, he dealt with cases on all tracks and managed over 300 files simultaneously.
Areas of expertise
Rauf has a broad practice, encompassing all aspects of civil litigation. He has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Road Traffic Accident (including fatal RTAs)
- Fatal claims
- Occupiers liability
- Accidents at Work
- Serious injury and fatalities
- CICA claims
- Stress claims
- Unfair Dismissal
- Bullying and Harassment
- Employment-contract disputes
- Compromise Agreements
- Company law (including drafting contracts, articles of association and shareholders’ agreements, and dealing with matters pertaining to shareholder and director conduct)
- Commercial law (including contracts for the sale of goods)
- Partnership agreements and disputes
Rauf is a solicitor advocate and regularly appears in the County Courts, High Court and various tribunals on behalf of clients. Rauf has gained extensive experience in the areas of Civil Litigation both in running a department and in the legal context.
Rauf has an LL.B. and a LL.M. from University College London.
He is fluent in six languages: Talysh, Azeri, Russian, Turkish, Persian and English. He also has a basic knowledge of several other languages.